Saturday, June 30, 2007

That darn Chelsea woke me up at 5:30AM again. Dick was sleeping again so I got up and took her out. Actually with the temps at about 46 and nobody else out it made a really pleasant walk. We saw lots of bunnies this morning and heard a lot of birds singing. At that temperature there are not so many mosquitoes to dodge when we cut through the woods and over the railroad track to get home. I started watering right away. We are supposed to stay dry until maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Just in time for the 4th of July

That won't bother us much actually. We are planning on frying out with Jim and Michelle and eating salads and ice cream cones, but I am sure we can manage.

The rest of day was really quiet and nice. I just caught up on a lot of phone calls, paper work and miscellaneous chores around here.

I did quite a bit of writing this morning too.

Tomorrow I am going to West Bend to celebrate Fr. Mike Moran's 25th year as a priest. I prepared a basket for him for a present. It is a lovely basket and I put in it: a bottle of our wine, the Gewertziminer, a loaf of fresh banana bread and a copy of my book. I did find a very appropriate card for him too. Dick and Mom were supposed to go to but Dick is not feeling read for that with his leg and all and Mother decided that it would be just too much. I can see that. She was just exhausted after the three hours we spent at the Bachmann picnic and this would be considerably longer with a long drive home afterwards. Gloria and Dottie Ziesel are going to ride with me though so I won't be alone and I know several people from St. Mary's are going.

Tonight I am watching A Prairie Home Companion (the movie). It is nice. Very Garrison and that makes it good for me. It even has an Angel of Death in it.

Angels are wonderful creatures. Over the centuries, they have brought messages from God, saved people from harm and generally just been there for our children. I often thanked God for my children's angels. How else could they have grown up.

Summer
Hovers so gently
Tender balm for our souls
Take the time to love each other
Softly.


Love

Mary

No comments: