Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This was a strange day. Dick has not felt too well. He is extremely tired and keeps sleeping for two hour stretches off and on. We wonder if it is a reaction to the antibiotics. The recurrent pains in his leg seem to be worse. At least they are much worse than they were a couple of weeks ago. We don't know why. Perhaps it is in direct relationship to better circulation. The callous is not looking good. We must give the antibiotics a couple of days to work before we panic. Tonight when I did the leg massage the ankle seemed a bit smaller. I hope that is not just my hoping that it will be. Tomorrow, morning when we do the WHOLE process, including shower and wash, perhaps we will be able to tell.

I ended up doing the grocery shopping alone. Something that hasn't happened in a long time. And I miss our getting out for breakfast together. Usually we just go to Mc Donalds or the Shoppes on Mill street, but it is kind of a date, and I missed that.

I watered EVERYTHING today. The rain we were promised never came and it got much hotter than the weather people said it would. My plants and the yard are looking quite well so I am doing something right.

This afternoon I had to pop over to the post office so I stopped to the Sewing Basket to pick up thread for the assembly of the other quilt top that I have ready to put together. I brought a picture of my Kitty/Puppy quilt (I left the quilt at Mother's the other day, you know.) and they liked it a lot. One of the gals said that I should be sure to put it in the quilt show for the Guild. Now, Do I rejoin the Guild? I am not sure that I want to be a member of ANYTHING right now.

I remember an incident that occurred on a jeep run many years ago. My friend Mary Ellen Kirby brought a parasail that she borrowed from a friend of hers. We hooked it up to the back of a jeep on a long long dirt road. I got talked in to being the guinea pig and actually was the only one that DID get up because we ran out of time.

So we hooked me up in the harness and spread the chute behind me and the whole mess to the back of the jeep. Then Mary Ellen took off down the road and some friends held up the chute to catch the wind AND I RAN. It worked. The chute caught the wind and pulled me right up into the sky. I cannot describe the peace and beauty when one is flying above the earth. The desert was gorgeous. It went on, as they say, forever. And it was SO quiet. I literally started laughing just from the pure joy of it. Such a disappointment to have to settle back to earth.

This was the REAL unknown. We didn't know anything about how the landing would be but I just floated to the ground. The chute made the descent quite easy. I did a bit of a tumble when i actually touched down. Told Mary Ellen to stop a bit quicker the next time.


I would go again in a heartbeat. I don't think I have ever been so free.

Love

Mary

No comments: