Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day is almost over. I got up at 6:00AM and Chelsea and I had a very nice walk. I am trying to figure out WHY it had to be 36 degrees out there in the middle of May. But there was no wind to speak of so we were quite comfortable. As a matter of fact, Chelsea really does enjoy it when the temps are a bit cooler.

Mass was very nice. Fr. Van Beeck spoke eloquently about the relationship of a mother and child being comparable to the God/us relationship. When I got home we had a nice brunch and then I cut Dick's hair. Strange thing, the hand razer trimmer that used to be in the kit that I used to do all my fine tuning with has disappeared. If we can't find it, I will HAVE to find another as it is very hard for me to finish without it.

This afternoon, Bobbie and I were on again at Rhine. I had promised Tom Lawaan that I would bring some of my pepper jelly for him to try. So I brought crackers, cream cheese and jelly. Worked out quite well for a little snack. It was a very slow day. We had very few shooters. Mother's Day of course. I did some cleaning in the ladies room.

Bobbie gave me my birthday present - a week early but we were together this weekend. We don't usually give birthday presents but she found a tshirt. It is a lovely purple and says A Very Fine Vintage across the front. She said she couldn't resist. I will wear it with pride.

Dick took me out for dinner tonight. We WERE going to go to the Wilderness but they apparently decided to only be open for brunch on Mother's Day so we went down to the Family
Restaurant. I had roast chicken and Dick had meatloaf. Both good. (Dick still likes my meatloaf best though.)

We are going to play scrabble again tonight to finish off the day. My Bret called at about 5:00PM to wish me Happy Mother's Day. He is a good son and I love to hear his voice.

Tomorrow will be a busy day too. We start early because Dick has to go to a test at the Lymphedema Clinic here in Plymouth. They might provide some answers to some of the swelling in his upper legs.

Have a nice week.

According to Victorian Etiquette, "Do not tattle. Do not carry gossip from one family to another."

Good advice under any circumstances.

Mary

No comments: