Thursday, May 17, 2007

Sunshine all day. Chelsea and I trotted all around the neighborhood and through the park to day. Several areas had been mowed and she came home with a lovely green tinge on her paws and underbelly. She is not a happy girl when I have to towel her off.

Dick got his finger blood test from Sue today. His count is still just a bit low, so his meds are changed again. Now he is back to the dosage that kept him stable for all those months. We are hoping that now that he is off of the antibiotics this will settle him down.

We stopped at Evans to pick up a few plants. I still need to find some Lavender. I actually have some seeds planted but they are not coming up very good so far. We stopped at Mom's on the way home too. I took her some muffins, scones and broccoli/cauliflower salad. She looks good. Yesterday, was the first day that the cleaning person came. Mom seemed pleased with the results and I know that it is a load off of her mind. I dug up some of her lemon balm to plant out in the back garden.

I picked up the Nescos from Rhine after lunch and dropped them off at the Pig so that they can fill them up with chicken and potatoes and Matt can pick them up tomorrow for the bust up dinner. I will make the beans tomorrow too.

Then I did a bit of planting. First I had to get some more weeds out of the bed. I just have one more stretch left. Today, I found green onions amid the weeds. Some must have gone to seed last summer and come up on their own. Anyway, I planted the lemon balm. Those beds are going to take a lot of work and I have to decide how much of them I REALLY want to keep.

I also planted the hanging pots that will go on the hooks in the front flower bed. I will wait until tomorrow to hang them because it may be a bit too cold tonight. No sense taking chances.

Got a call from Michelle this afternoon that Barbara, the kid's mother, had to go back in for more surgery. Apparently she has pneumonia and possibly a tear in the intestines. Jim and Michelle came home but did not tell us what is happening. I can only pray for her and my step children. It is so hard to watch someone you love in distress.

I received a nice letter from Nora today. She was going back to training on Monday. If all goes well, she will graduate on June 8. Let's all root for Nora and give her all the support we can. She is really determined and I am proud of her.

The Mother's Day flowers from Leslie and Bill are still beautiful and brightening our lives.

Love

Mary

No comments: