Monday, May 14, 2007

It was hot today. I saw a maximum of 86 degrees. I am sure that Bret would disagree with me as their temps have been up in the 90s or more and they are in a drought situation. That is why there are all the wildfires.

I was very happy yesterday. Bart called about 8:00PM to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and I told you that Bret had called at about 4:30PM. Bart and Barb had just gotten home from Lubbock Texas. They were there for a very illustrious and special occasion. Barb's son, Timothy graduated from college. The first four years anyway. I must ask Barb if he is done or has to go on for a specialty. But he has the degree now and can map his path. I am proud to call both of her boys step grandchildren. Timothy is handsome, smart and very charming and Adam is handsome, smart and doing well in the Navy and has also provided me with three beautiful step GREAT granddaughters.

Dick had his evaluation at the Lymphadema Clinic. He will be going back for four weeks for continued therapy, including wrappings, massage therapy (involving the compressions that Leslie told us about) and several other things. We are trying to bring down the swelling in the upper legs.

I went to Bible Study this morning. We had a full table. The readings for next Sunday are about the Ascension of our Lord. It will be interesting to see what Fr. Van Beeck has to say. I will be distributing communion this Sunday.

I got a call this afternoon from the Kohler Art Center. The workshop with Ellen Kort is ON. They got at least the two more participants that they needed to go on with the program. They called to ask what I wanted for the lunches that they are providing. I opted for a chicken/Caesar wrap on Saturday and a strawberry spinach salad on Sunday. We will meet at 10AM on Saturday and move from there to the Tellen Sculpture Garden in Black River. Saturday is from 10 to 4 and Sunday from 10 to 2.

Tonight I went to the Sheboygan Falls Library to hear my friend and fellow writer John Textor give a talk on the story he wrote called Phoenix - the Fateful Journey. He have a lot of insight on the conditions and types of travel and some information that turned up after the book published. He hears from descendants of survivors often. John is co president of the Sheboygan County Writers this year.

I am not going to be any more clever than the above tonight as it has been a full day. I did want to mention that we will be wrapping Dick's legs from the feet to the upper thighs now and he will look somewhat like a mummy. To top it off, today the ace type bandages started unwinding and he looked rather like a decrepit mummy. Must master that problem.

Mary

No comments: