Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It rained most of the day today. Not expected. The forecasts said scattered showers and from the maps, I truly expected them to be either north or south of us, but here they are. We can use the moisture so I won't complain. I had, however, planned on doing my plant shopping today. I don't like to do that when it is raining so it is put off to a sunnier day.

Chelsea and I timed our walk perfectly, well before the rain. We waved at Jim and Michelle as they left this morning.

Since we couldn't go shopping, I cleaned the refrigerator instead. That is always a job and now I know what is there and that it is all good stuff.

This afternoon, Dick and I filtered the Riesling. Now we can wait a couple of days and then bottle it. Then we can mix up the White Zinfindal kit that we have down there. We have decided to continue wine making. You can all exhale. We are just going to pare down a bit. We will only have ONE 5 or 6 gallon batch going at one time so that we can keep it up on the bench and so that Dick will not have to be lifting those heavy jugs.

Today was the first day that I wrapped Dicks upper legs. I wrapped a bit tighter than we did yesterday and they more or less stayed. He finds that he has to be very careful when he pulls down his sweats as this jiggles everything. But I think we are making headway.

I am going down to watch Dancing with the Stars and to quilt. So I will sign off now. This morning I heard a wonderful quote from Rob Lowe. Not his quote, but something he lives by. "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." Makes me think anyway.

Have a great Wednesday. We will be busy again.

Love

Mary

No comments: