Saturday, May 12, 2007

Today was a bit cooler but still very pleasant and there was no rain, so I was able to do some gardening. Unfortunately, the gardens were let go last year, I am sure and now are so overgrown that I am having great difficulty determining what is a plant and what is a weed and for that matter, where the gardens begin and end.

I drove to Falls today and took Mother her card and a bottle of wine. We are giving her the season tickets to the Sheboygan Theater Company again. She said today that maybe that is too expensive. I told her that we only asked her if she wanted them again because we were afraid that maybe it might be too much. But she and I went over things and we can take our time getting down into the seats and then take our time getting back to the car. She never goes to bed before 10PM anyway, so we won't be keeping her up much later than her normal bedtime. Dick and I would miss our evenings with her anyway.

I stopped at the cemetery on my way to her house and threw the flowers that Courney had for her birthday away. They were completely dried up. I kept the pot they came in. It is truly lovely.

Then I spent a couple of hours in the gardens in back. The weeds from the woods have completely covered the gardens that the person before Judy Richards put in. I am finding the edges which are surrounded by rocks and trying to determine what are weeds and what are actually remnants of the original plantings. Anyway, I am exhausted tonight. That was really hard work.

This afternoon the door bell rang and there was a delivery of a beautiful floral bouquet from Leslie and Bill. I was so delighted. They are perched right under the skylight on the counter where I see them every one of the "hundred" times I walk by. I also got a wonderful card from Bobbie today. I love to be remembered. Sometimes one wonders if one does a good job in our little vocations.

Tomorrow will be fairly quiet, though I do have to work at Rhine with Bobbie. Dick is going to take me out for dinner in the evening. That will be so pleasant. We do like our dates.

Love

Mary

No comments: