Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Such a beautiful day. The temps got up to 78 (at least at our last look). The house did not get too hot and it was not too humid.

Chelsea and I went on our walk at about 6Am more or less. It was a perfect walk. When we stepped out of the door there was a pair of geese in the green space honking away. Chelsea was very excited but lost interest immediately when I headed her towards our usual route. (Not much of a hunter, that one.) The rest of the walk was pretty normal. I took note of all the dandelions in Lions Park.

When I got home and we were organized, we went grocery shopping, (after breakfast at the Family Restaurant. I had a pecan waffle that was excellent, and a stop to fill up the gas tank.) We got home at about 10:30AM.

At 11:30AM we went to the Plymouth Clinic for Dick's weekly blood test. Then we had lunch and I headed out into Lions Park and harvested a container of dandelion blossoms. Seemed silly to let all that harvest go to waste. I now have a gallon batch of dandelion wine fermenting in the "winery". I still have to construct or find a sign for that room in the basement to designate it as the "MaryE.R. Winery."

It took me about an hour and 1/2 to harvest the blossoms. If the wine is good, next year I will do two batches. Got to try it first.

We had Chick Chile and Corn Bread Muffins for supper tonight. I kind of adapted a Chicken Chili recipe to use up some leftovers and it was wonderful. We have two more meals of it. That is getting to be quite a problem. There are just too many leftovers. Oh. Well. We, or I, will work it out eventually.

From the Essential Handbookof Victorian Etiquette by Professor Thomas E. Hill.

From the Chapter The Rules of Conduct that Govern Good Society

Do not when narrating an incident, continually say "you see? " "you know" etc.

Do not use profanity, vulgar terms, slang, phrases, words of double meaning, or language that will bring the blush to any person.

I think that these rules sound basic and should be in force now. We have become too entrenched in the right of everybody to say anything they want under the umbrella of
"free speech". What about "free hearing."

Regarding the first. There was a saying on the wall at St. Brendan's that says "Profanity is ignorance made vocal." I love it.

May you sleep easy and deep tonight and wake up rested for the day.

Mary

No comments: