Thursday, May 10, 2007

Chelsea is bugging me to go to bed. It is 9PM and she doesn't like it when I stay up too late.

It was very warm today, up in the 80s. This morning it was comfortable and a bit foggy when we went for our walk. I started cleaning the "wine cellar" and added the yeast to the dandelion wine this morning.

Dick saw Dr. Hodous for his feet today at 9:45AM. They are very slow healing, the diabetes contributes to that, but we are slowly making progress. We stopped at Mother's on the way home so I could give her some of the chicken chili and cornbread for a meal or two. I know that Donna is always bringing her food too. She will forget how to cook pretty soon. I am going to bring her the recipe for the "Omelets in a Bag." That will be a great easy supper for her sometime.

When we got home, I finished cleaning the "wine cellar", the bathroom and my desk. Got a nap in too.

I hung the beautiful pot of pansies that Dick and Brenda gave us on the front porch so they can be seen by everyone driving by. Nothing like being smiled at by a whole pot of beautiful smiling flowers.

We just had leftover veggies and rice with Polish sausage for supper.

Tonight I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Kohler Art Center to hear Dr. Arthur Derse, professor at the Medical College of Wisconsin and Ellen Kort, the past Poet Laureate of Wisconsin speak on the importance of training physicians in the humanities along with the clinical studies that they do. The program has been in place for quite some time and is met with mainly positive but sometimes mixed reviews. Some of the students say, Why do I have to take this when I have spent all this time avoiding it in the past. Others love it. It is good for physicians to listen to the "stories" that their patients tell them.

I am really looking forward to the workshop with Ellen Kort on May 19 and 20. There is still a small doubt that it will take place as they need 6 people to sign up and as of Tuesday they only had four. BUT, they handed out several applications tonight and they were interested. Anyway, when I left I told Ellen that I was planning to spend my birthday weekend with her.

When Bret was a little boy, he saw a women wearing a red dress one day and said to me. "Oh Look Mommy. That lady has a dress just like yours only it is shorter, doesn't have sleeves and is a different color."

Love

Mary

No comments: