Friday, May 11, 2007

Today was a whirlwind. Chelsea and I went for our walk at 6AM. It was just beautiful. If only ALL mornings could be that beautiful. I saw two cranes and heard them circling over to the south.

Then I cleaned the kitchen. The floor was filthy as Chelsea has been hauling crud in for a week.

I left the house at about 9:15. Stopped and dropped off the last items Mark needs to finish our taxes, went to Kohls and had to get a rain check on a weather radio and headed over to the Blood Center. Today was the annual blood drive my friend Peggy Feider puts on in memory of her son Joe. I now have my second bracelet that says A Gallon or so for Joe. They got about 100 donors coming in today. Quite a successful drive. Our friends, Ione Gregiore, her daughter Debbie and Shirley Moioffer came in for the first times. Shirley couldn't give as her iron count was low but we had a lot of fun anyway. This year they had some hand painted tiles that say thank you, I think made by patients who have received blood. Mine says Thank you Your on the spot. I love it.

Then I went to the house to run the water, air the place out and do a bit of garden freshening. Soon I will have to trim the bushes. Sure wish that place would sell. It is SUCH a nice place. We were very happy there. I hate to think of it empty and alone. Pray for new residents.

Tonight I worked the last day of league at Rhine. The shooters were done by 8PM and Bobbie and I left at about 8:45PM. Then when I got home, I zipped over to visit with Boots as Jim and Michelle are spending the night away from home while they visit a friend in Lake Geneva. I hope they take advantage of a trip round the lake while they are there.

The kid's mother is doing pretty well, considering the seriousness of the surgery. She MAY be leaving the hospital on Sunday. It will be determined if she can go home or should go to a nursing home until she is stronger and able to hold food a bit better. Please continue prayers for her.

I don't think that I ever shared the following poem with you. If I did, that is just how it is. I love it. It was writte by a Leo Marks.

The Life That I Have

The life that I have is all that I have,
And the life that I have is yours.

The love that I have of the life that I have,
Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours.

Have a great weekend.

Love

Marymom


No comments: