Thursday, March 29, 2007

Weather was strange today. It was cloudy and kind of damp this morning, but got up to 55 degrees this afternoon and the sun was shining. Chelsea and I cut our walk a little short today because, she sat on some burdocks and got a big old clump of them between her legs under her tail. Then I had a terrible time getting her to hold still and not sit on them so I could cut them out. She is starting to look a bit patchy because I keep cutting little clumps of hair entwined in those awful burs out of her. Poor Baby is very confused.

We sent to the Family Restaurant for breakfast and then to the Pig for our weekly grocery shopping. We got home at about 9:30 or so and I had time to clean the bathrooms AND play with the Roombas. I have one of them working and will use it downstairs once a week or so.

The dishwasher stopped working on Monday so I had called a local repairman. He got delayed yesterday but was able to make it today. He replaced a fried wire and it is just fine. He also tried to help us clear the vent to the clothes dryer but was unable to complete it because he can't get to the beginning. He suggested that we call one of those services that blow out heater and a/C vents. He did however shorten the vent from the dryer to the wall which was WAY too long. That in itself might help.

We had to get more horse wrappings to hold on the dressings on Dick's feet so we zipped over to Fleet Farm. I also got more bird seed. NOW, I have to try to figure out a way to keep the silly old piggy squirrel from eating all the good stuff. I filled the feeder and the next thing I know, he was draped over the feeder and stayed there for ages just chowing.

I am so grateful. I have been unable to use the new server that Jim and Michelle installed because I could not send any messages OUT on it. Dick and Brenda called tonight and walked me through a fix. Brenda REALLY knows Thunderbird so it went really smoothly. They also explained that I don't have to maintain Google AND Thunderbird which was wearing me out. I only have to check G-mail in Google occasionally to be sure that nothing ends up in junk that shouldn't be there. Then we had a fun visit. This weekend is Brenda's birthday and they are going away for four days to rest and play and jell.

Guess that is all the news. Can an atheist get insurance against acts of God?

Love

Mary

No comments: