Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It turned cold today. And it rained just a bit. Chelsea took a shortcut herself on her walk this morning. A good thing since I did sleep a bit late and we had to be at the Sheboygan Clinic at 8:30AM for Dick's blood test. He was a little high this time but we don't need to be too alarmed. The count is supposed to be between 2 and 3 and he tested at 3.1. Sue adjusted his meds a bit and we will see how things are in two weeks.

The dishwasher is not working. I called a repairman who was supposed to be here between 11 and 12. He called at about 1:00 and apologized. He had run an hour behind and asked to reschedule, so we are set for between 11 and 12 tomorrow. If that doesn't work, we will go back to Bitter Neuman, I called this guy because he is a local Plymouth guy and Hill and Bien recommended him.

I went over to my friend Kate's house today for tea and to drop off a copy of the Blessed Trinity Angelus, the quarterly newsletter. She and a committee are thinking of starting a newsletter for St. Johns and she thought seeing a working one would help. We had the nicest time. She and her husband Ron bought one of the beautiful houses on Collins Street that were owned by all the people who WERE in the developing days of Plymouth. This was built by people who owned the brewery and lots of farmland years go. She is interested in Celtic Women and wants to go to the Galena event. This is great because I won't have to drive alone.

I also found out that my friend Cindy Matyi is having her art exhibit shown at Mineral Point during that time, so I can stop and see it on my way home.

Mother, Donna and I went out to dinner and to the Sheboygan Theater play tonight. Dick just wasn't up to sitting in that confined place for that long yet. Donna was delighted to come and we three ladies had a great time. We went to Richards for dinner. The wait staff was Rosie Mielke and another gal who is the sister of one of my classmates. I found out that Nancy, my classmate, is the mother in law of one of the members of the band Beef Tea, who played at 52 Stafford on St. Patrick's Day. Now - if you got that you are one of MINE!!!

The play was well done and charming. Cheaper by the Dozen is a great story. If you haven't read it you should and the first movie was great. Anyway. We loved it. Donna said that I was probably lucky that Dick didn't come. I would have been a wreck trying to get two of them with canes down to the seats. There is quite a flight of stairs. But we do have great seats.

I ran into my hairdresser, Maria and her fiance, and a classmate, Norm Fenner during intermission when I bought a maroon sweatshirt with The Diary of Anne Frank on it in silver for ONLY six bucks. Such a deal and I do have trouble passing up a deal.

That was the day. Pretty good. I am glad it is done now because I am tired and Chelsea is nagging me to go to bed.

Quote from Larry the Cable Guy

"Inside every older person is a younger person wondering 'What the heck happened?' "

Enjoy and run into tomorrow like it really counts.

Love
Mary

No comments: