Sunday, March 11, 2007

It was a good day. The weather was beautiful. The 50 degrees that we were promised for Tuesday showed up today. I have not heard that Tuesday will have any surprises so we should be in for a few really seasonably warm days.

It was cold during the night however, and I had to pick my way around sheets of runoff ice on the morning walk. Chelsea just runs hell bent for leather and slips and falls and gets up with the same enthusiasm for it all.

Both visits for Dick's intravenous went very well. As a matter of fact, they were all over us at Memorial because they had goofed us up twice. Once last week when we were there for almost three hours because they could not find one of the meds and yesterday when we were not on the list. We have never once had a complaint about a nurse, however, and that says a lot. They have been compassionate and very helpful and professional. On the way out tonight we ran into Dr. Phelan and chatted with him for a bit. We will see him on Thursday. Things are better so we have hope, but I do believe that there will be some ongoing treatment.

I went to the 10:30 AM Mass again. Sure will be glad to get back to 8:00AM. Fr. Van Beeck reminded us to either stay on track for Lent or reapply ourselves. Frankly, I am just trying to keep afloat this Lent. And I must say I am not really impressed with this early daylight savings time. I think Arizona has the right idea. Forget it.

Mary Calvey and Donna (I don't know her last name) hosted that Seisun that I mentioned yesterday. I went and had a great time. I took some Irish Brown Bread and Butter to share. It was all gone except for one lonely heel. I think it was a nice first time for the event. There were about 6 musicians that came to Jam and 40 to 50 people who came in and out. I read a couple of my poems and sang Whiskey on a Sunday. Sold three books and left five for the Art Center to display. Mary led us in several sing a long songs too. She has a lovely voice. She sang the Fields of Athenry which she does very well. I asked if I could finish with a "blessing" and did the one I know you all remember.

May Light always find you on a dreary day
When you need to be home , may you find the way.
May you always have courage to take a chance
And never find frogs in your underpants.

They loved that one.

Have a nice St. Patrick's week.

Love

Mary

No comments: