Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dick and I now get to sleep until 6 or later. I actually did not wake up until 6:20 and probably could have gotten back to sleep but I could feel Chelsea getting anxious. It was SO cold after these extra warm days that we have been experiencing. And I was unable to "keep the wind at my back". Pretty hard when you go around a block.

This morning we picked up the salve for Dick's feet that must have gold dust in it for the cost. Then we went to the Sheboygan Clinic to see Dr. Hodous, the podiatrist. He took care of Dick's feet then we went to have Sue check Dick's blood count. For the first time in over two years, his count is BAD. It is supposed to be between 2 and 3. Today it was 6. Ouch. So down we went for a full blood test. Now Sue has had him stop taking the cumedin until she tests him again on Saturday morning. We have to be there at 9AM. Which will give plenty of time for me to get back to go to the Irishman's Walk at 10:30.

Jeff and Kathy are going to join us. Jim and Michelle are joining me too. It will be fun to have family. It has always just been me. But I have lots of friends there so I always have fun. Of course, I usually have fun whenever I do anything. Bloom where you are planted I always say. Enjoy the moment. It won't return again.

After we left the clinic, Dick and I went grocery shopping, to the post office and out for lunch before getting home at about 12:30AM.

We were talking about congestion today (Don't ask me why.) I remembered something about Bret. When he was a very small baby, he developed asthma. For years, he never really got a cold. Every time there was the slightest sign of an infection it would all settle in his chest and he would wheeze like an accordian. It was really scary. I spent many a night with him sounding like he was breathing through cotton.

Anyway, when he was about 11 years old, he came to me one day obviously frightened. He said that I had better take him to the doctor right away. He couldn't breathe through his nose. I had to explain to him that he had a normal cold. For the first time in his life he had a just plain head cold that didn't turn into bronco pneumonia.


Tomorrow will be St. Patrick's Eve. Sure hope they have something musical on TV. Saturday will be nice with the walk and dinner at the Mays.

Have a happy Friday.

Mary

No comments: