Saturday, March 10, 2007

Today was quite satisfactory.

Got to sleep until a bit after 6AM. A treat that won't happen for a day or two because Congress, in its "wisdom" has decided to start daylight savings this night, instead of later in March. They say that we will have more light but it means that I will be walking Chelsea in much darker conditions.

It was warm today and will be just as warm tomorrow. It is not supposed to freeze tonight so I will not have to worry about slipping or sliding anyway.

This morning we got home to find Bobbie just knockin' at the door. She was a bit early for our Quilt Show trip with Jim and Michelle. Chelsea was sure glad to see her. She said that kitties , Oscar and Roxie, are doing just fine. They are yearning for lots of attention. So am I and I miss them terribly. I am sure glad that their "foster parents" love them so much.

The quilt show was very nice. Actually there was a huge geometric painting that Jim wants us to make a quilt of. It was an altogether nice day. It was so nice to take a bit of a trip, have lunch and see a "show" and stop at the Mars Cheese Shop for some fun food shopping. Bobbie and I bought two Irish Cheeses and split and shared them. One is a Porter Cheese that I will try tomorrow.

The trip to Sheboygan Memorial was interesting. We got there to find that we were not on the list. It turned out OK anyway. The nurses were quite concerned. As it turned out the meds were there. The nurses assured me that we did not have to worry, they would take care of us anyway. I am not sure how reassuring it was to Dick but I felt really good about it.

Mom called today while I was gone. To check on Dick, of course, and to let me know that Leif is through his surgery. It went well. They are together in the hotel now and Stenn is coming in to Houston tonight to be there to help Nora drive back to Dallas. George is picking him up. Everything went well. He is a bit uncomfortable but that is to be expected.

I found out also that Erin went to wherever it is that students go on spring break near Houston. She had a meal with her Uncle George and he drove her to the airport. That is so nice. They are both so sociable. Mother said she was going to tell Erin that she hoped that she kept her clothes on.

I found out that Garrison Keillor is doing a poetry contest with Spring as the theme. I must look it up and send one in. I am excited. Remember, tomorrow I am going to a seison at the Plymouth Art Center and will real some of my poems. Perhaps I will stimulate an interest in people buying the book. I am having a couple published in the Celtic Women's Newsletter. At least Maureen, one of my Celtic friends, likes my poems.

Have a great Sunday. It is going to be wonderful, I know.

Love

Mary.

No comments: