Thursday, March 08, 2007

A LONG LONG day but well worth experiencing.

We got up at 5:00AM, as usual these days. It was only 6 degrees out there. Chelsea seems agreeable to shortening her walks at that hour and in those temperatures so despite the fact that I had to help Dick get his stockings on we made it to Valley View by 6:00. Everything went well, even the dressing change. We were very relieved to see Denice was on duty because Dick says her dressing change hurts the least.

I baked two batches of Kahlua Brownies for the bust up tomorrow. Boy are they good. I made one batch with nuts and one without. Cleaned bathrooms too AND took a nap.

We got to Valley View this evening JUST at the right time. Nurse Lisa got us hooked up and going just before patients started streaming in to Urgent Care like there was no tomorrow. We had to wait for a bit to be unhooked and flushed because they were so busy. But as I said, if we had come there for an urgent reason, I would want me to come first before someone who just needs to be unhooked.

This evening I went to the Plymouth Art Center for Shamrocks and Shenanigans. It was VERY good. All local performers who sang and played guitar and fiddle and told jokes for almost three hours. We had soft drinks, Guiness and O Douls available and fresh potato chips during intermission. It ended with a sing a long. Some was not exactly professional but who cared. They all had good voices and really sang with enthusiasm and care. I was pleased.

Sunday there is going to be a seisiun at the Center from 1 to 3PM. They are serving Tea and breads. I will bake some brown bread and join them. I told Mary Calvey that I would be there and would bring my book of poems to share.

Guess that is all for now. I am tired, but am so grateful for an evening away with the Irish.

Love

Mary

No comments: