Tuesday, March 06, 2007

One more week to go. I sure hope that this round will clear things up. We went in at 6AM as usual. Denice was our nurse. She is the one who prayed with us over Dick's leg. You would all like her. She just exudes enthusiasm. Today, she told us a story. Her husband went to give blood at the Bradley Center so he could get free tickets to a Bucks game. They wouldn't take his blood because (get this) he had slept with a woman who spend over a year in Africa. It was Denice. They met there when she was in the Peace Corp. She spent two year there. He was only there for a few months but that is when they met. Anyway, because he slept with her, he is ineligible to give blood.

I had my annual eye exam this morning. Dr. Cheryl says my eyes are healthy and there is very little change in the vision so we will wait til next year for glasses changing.

We left there and trucked to the Aurora Pharmacy on Superior to pick up some new compression stockings for Dick's poor sad legs. Then we went to the house on Hunters Glen and changed the air fresheners and poured baking soda down the drains to freshen. It has been vacant long enough that it is beginning to smell stale. If it ever warms up, we will open everything and let it air out.

Next time, I may bring some cinnamon and a pan and freshen it that way. Maybe a bag of apples.

We got home in plenty of time for me to take a nap before we headed off to Valley View again. We had to be there a bit early so the lab could bet blood samples from Dick. The Lab closes at 4PM. The evening doses went well and we are now home and winding down.

Barbara called tonight. I was able to tell her that Dr. Phelan says things are better but that we are still traipsing over to the hospital twice a day. She had some sad news. Their dog, Sheva, has cancer and is in quite a bit of pain. They are still exploring things but it does not look good. She is a really sweet creature.

I read this in the Reader's Digest. A Jonathan Katz said "I see a sign that says 'Caution, Small Children Playing.' I slow down , and then it occurs to me: I'm not afraid of small children."


Have a good Wednesday. Except for Valley View I don't have to go ANYWHERE!!!!

Mary

No comments: