Saturday, December 02, 2006

We stayed home all day today. The driveway was solid ice, so Chelsea and I did not go for a walk this morning. I am starting to get a little restless myself and she certainly is. The sun was out part of the day and did melt some of the ice away. I went out and scraped a path so that we can walk to the street without slipping. Hopefully, It will still be clear tomorrow and we can go for a bit of a walk in the morning.

I packed the boxes for Leslie, Bret and Bart today. Whew. When we get those off, I always feel better. We DO have to get the gift certificates yet. This year Sara and Nora are out of school and on their own so we are using Mother's rule that they will no longer will get presents. We don't know their addresses either so it is a good cut off time. I hope they are doing well, we have not talked to them or heard from them directly for at least three years.


Leslie has sent pictures and some updates. They are good looking girls. One of my favorite pictures of them, however, is the one of them in the tea party hats that Bobbie made for them when they were just little. I enlarged it and hung it in this house. We had it in the office at Hunters Glen.

We were watching Who Wants to Be a Millionaire tonight. I was remembering that I have watched Regis Philbin off and on for over 30 years. He was a local celebrity in Los Angeles when I lived there and co hosted with Cyndy Garvey, Steve Garvey's now Ex Wife. She was a lovely blond lady. They used to refer to her and Steve Garvey as Ken and Barbie. They were a beautiful couple but that did not last. She has gone down hill from there I understand. Too bad. She and Regis were a good mix at the time.

It was snowing a bit this evening when I took Chelsea out before dinner. It is not supposed to be too messy though and will not get as low at the 10degrees that I woke up to this morning.

Talked to Mother this morning. Randy went to St. Louis on Wednesday and as of last night was still waiting to get out of the St. Louis Airport. He had spent the night before in the airport and was still waiting. I hope he is home now. He told Donna that it was useless to try to get a hotel room too because of the crowds, they were all full.

Take care and enjoy your Sunday. I am sure that we will. I do have to work at Rhine, but Dick is putting up the tree while I am gone so I can start decorating it this week.

Love

Mary

No comments: