Sunday, November 26, 2006

Chelsea and I had the nicest walk this morning. It was dark when we started out but the temps were in the 40s and it got brighter the further we walked. We started at 6:00 and got home about 40 minutes later.

I went to the 8AM Mass this morning and sat next to my friend Ceil. On the way out I ran into Pat O Reilly and his wife so had a bit of a visit with him. Pat is getting much older and said that when the snow comes he will be snowbound and have to stay home. (You have to see the twinkle in his eye as he tells this.) He then said that they had better plow him out for March 16 and 17. I told him that if it was snowing then I would come to get him.

This afternoon I worked at Rhine. We were unexpectedly busy. We ran 14 teams so did very will. I had fully expected it to be much slower because of the holiday weekend and the end of the deer hunting season. I am glad it was busy because the afternoon does not drag that way. I shot three pistol targets and was quite pleased with the results. I got, in this order, a 53, a 62 and a 68. And I even lost one on the last target so WOW.

A story: I took Bret and Bart to and Earth Festival at the Orange County Fairgrounds when they were quite young. I took them to the children's area where there was this giant sand pile along with other things to play with. The kids were supervised lightly and they were told to build sand castles. After a while Bart was just sitting there with this stick stuck into the ground. The helpers asked if he wanted help and he said he was all done. That the rooms and everything were underground.

I left Bret in charge for about a half an hour so I could zip though a couple of the tents. Suddenly I heard myself paged from the bandstand. "Could Bart Johnston's mother please come to get him." He had gotten bored, sneaked away from Bret and went directly to the bandstand and told them his name and that he was lost. No dummy that boy.

Have a good week.

Love

Mary

No comments: