Saturday, November 25, 2006

Another Warm day in sunny Wisconsin. Chelsea and I had a lovely walk. She was quite eager so we had a lot of fun. On the way back through the park, however, a noise was heard in the distance that sounded something like thunder and she made double time back to the house.

I put up the outside lights this morning and placed the Santa hat on the totem. The wreaths that we used on the garage lights fit just fine here too. So we are now very festive.

This afternoon, I went out shopping and found a timer, (by morning we will find out if we set it right. We want the lights to go on at dusk and continue for nine hours.) I also found four battery operated candles and some suction cup holders so that I can put them in the glass panels next to the front door. I will light them one at a time during Advent until all four will announce Christmas.

Tomorrow, work at Rhine. I thought it was last week but got there and the club was even closed for the opening week of deer hunting. THIS is the week I am substituting for Greg. I wonder if there will be many shooters this week. Oh well, we will just have to see.

I was thinking today of Dick's theory on raising children. He said that they should be kept in the basement until they are 35. Parents should feed and clothe and educate them. Then at 35 they can be on their own. I pointed out that he did not do that and he says that other parents should learn from his example.

Now, however, I think he knows that in order not to ever worry one can NEVER let them out of the basement.

Love

Mary

No comments: