Friday, November 24, 2006

It has been quite a day.

Chelsea and I went for a very foggy walk this morning and she was raring to go so we went around the park. I did turn her around a bit early. We did not go ALL the way down and around. I am glad that she is feeling well anyway.

Then I showered and fixed scrambled eggs with chopped green onions and cream cheese for Dick 2 and Brenda and Dick and me before Dick 1 and I went to the Clinic to get his legs wrapped. That went very smoothly. A young lady named Angie did them for him this time. She is a very bubbly nice gentle young nurse and Dick liked her too.

When we got back I took off for Mother's to help butcher Five deer. That is the most that we have ever butchered in a year. Randy's deer was STILL BIG. A bad thing: I cut my little finger nail to the quick on the meat slicer blade. (Don't worry. It was not turned on at the time. I simply adjusted the meat and nicked the nail. That blade is obscenely sharp.) It seemed to take a long time, but with that many deer it is not surprising. Bobbie came to help today too and to get her ribbing for not being out there and "missing" the big buck. Actually Randy said that he was just as glad that she wasn't there.

The hunters again shared meat with Bobbie and me, even if we haven't contributed to the take yet. We split what they gave us and I also brought home a nice rolled roast to prepare for the wild game dinner. I also was given a deer hide to take to Hartland for tanning. In a year or so I will have enough for a coat or a jacket.

Then when I got home and checked my computer, I found that Jim has located my great picture of Waylon and now has it as my wallpaper on the computer again. I am so happy. I can print it out and frame it to put with Zero's picture.

Tonight Jim and Michelle joined us for leftovers and then we played a game of Rummy.

Tomorrow we are going to the new Cavella Store. Doesn't that sound like fun.

When Bart was just a little guy, he went through what I call his Kung Fu stage. He and Bret watched Kung Fu on TV and he was fascinated but he kept yelling Kung Fu and kicking people. One day we were at church and he yelled Kung Fu and kicked the priest before I could stop him. Another time on Ascension Thursday, they gave all the children balloons and led them out of the church to release the balloons. Everything went well until it was time to let go of the balloon and he started yelling. "God can't have my balloon." God didn't get it either.

Love

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is the Cavella Store? I've never heard of it before.

We had a nice visit with Richard's mother and then headed down to Sheboygan Falls. It is nice to see the streets all finished off. We ate at the Bean and Barley and explored Evans. It was nice to see so many people shopping there. I found a child's beginning quilting kit for my cousin who turns 11 on Dec 8. She likes crafts and is very involved with 4H. We stopped back at the condo to picked up the leftovers we had forgotten. It helped make an easy Friday night dinner. Our new furniture (loveseat and chair) were delivered this morning. The color and style look great in our living room. Off soon to run some errands.

--brenda