Friday, December 01, 2006

We got our first blizzard of the season. It was bad and we did not get hit as hard as Milwaukee and Chicago.

I did go to my doctor's appointment and did everything else that I planned in Sheboygan. Jim and Michelle started to work this morning but were back by 6:30AM. It was so bad when they hit Ozaukee County that they turned back so they drove into Sheboygan with me and they did an errand or two also.

I had my physical, my mammogram, gave blood and got my hair cut. Jim gave blood for the first time today. Michelle's iron count was a bit low so she has to wait. She is going to try again on Monday. We left Carina Capelle, the beauty shop, at about 11:00 and headed home. Michelle drove. It was AWFUL. The windshield wipers froze and were almost useless. Fortunately they did clear a nice spot for Michelle and after all the driver DOES need to see. There were at least 10 cars in the ditch including a couple of semis. None of them rolled. Three police cars were assisting some of the problem areas and probably had to move on the the next ones. I don't envy them their job. Hwy 23 was the worst. When we turned off on 57 the plows had been through and it was not too bad getting the rest of the way home. The snow was done by three and the sun actually came out. We are now plowed out completely.

I spent this afternoon clearing my desk, cleaning the kitchen and taking a nap.

We went to the Wilderness for supper tonight. We got the buffet. They did have perch on the buffet, and smelt. I think I much prefer on the menu items. I should really know that and just go for it. But it was good.

Time for bed. Tomorrow we are going to the house in Sheboygan to run the water and such.

Take care.

Mary

No comments: