Sunday, December 03, 2006

It was COLD all day today. When I woke up it was 11 degrees and I never saw it over 17. BRRRR! Chelsea and I went on VERY short walks off and on today and I started to get a bit testy about it this evening. As cold as it is, it becomes a big production each time. She finds it easy because she does not have to put on boots, gloves, jacket and hat for each trek.

Dick went to church with me this morning. We were testing it out. He likes to go with me once in a while but was avoiding Blessed Trinity because the seats were not padded and were very uncomfortable for him. So he went to St. John's today and was quite comfortable so he will start going again. He was going once a month or so. I like the company too. We went to the Family Restaurant for breakfast. That was a nice break in the day but Chelsea kept asking for her breakfast treats.

This afternoon, Bobbie and I worked at Rhine. We stayed until 3. There were all of three shooters who each shot two rounds. The rest of the people in the building were club members who all watched the Packers get creamed. They lost 38 to 10. What a mess. Sure glad that I chose the NYJets. I would feel guilty but THEY are the ones letting me down.

While I was gone Dick tried to get the tree up. He had called Jim and Michelle and they arrived shortly after I did. Between the four of us, we got it up. It is a new one, a prelit that rotates even. I put on the new Mary's Angel treetop and the tree skirt underneath. Tomorrow and the next day, I will get up the ornaments and finish. That is the FUN part of decorating. Taking out each memory and putting it on the tree. I love it.

Tomorrow will be rather busy. It will be the last meeting that I am the secretary of Rhine Plymouth. After four years, that will be a big load off of me.

Have a nice week and stay warm. We will have to really work at it from the forecast.

Love

Mary

No comments: