Saturday, December 09, 2006

Today was not a bad day overall. Most things went well. I baked Irish Brown Bread for the Irish program at the Plymouth History Museum.

I spent three separate times with Boots over at Jim and Michelle's. He is a lonely little guy and is sure glad to be let out of that little room. I have been trying to give him enough time to stretch. He is so cute but sometimes bites. I think he is so GLAD to be with that he gets carried away.

Then we went to the Condo Association meeting. We met a few people and helped approve the budget. On the way home we saw a man walking TWO dogs. I am really mad.

At 1:00 I went over to the Plymouth History Museum to help Beth and Katie, her daughter, set up the food and chairs and all. Dorothy Walsh Best, the harpist, and her husband, Jeff Best, a minister in the "Celtic American Catholic" church arrived almost immediately and she set up her harp. She does a wonderful program, playing traditional and Irish American music and Christmas too. She gives talks about the pieces she plays, the history of the harp and Irish history. The audience was transfixed.

It was fun talking to her husband too. He gives talks on Celtic Spirituality sometimes. I would find that interesting. I find it easy to incorporate many of the Celtic beliefs into my Catholic beliefs. Goodness is goodness. Goodness knows.

We had tea and coffee with cookies and my brown bread and Scripture Cake. All went over really well. Several people asked for the recipes, so I will give them to Beth to put into the next Sheboygan County Historical Research Center newsletter. I have just enough left for a good breakfast tomorrow.

Many people were asking when we will have the next one, so right after Christmas, Beth and I will plan another program.

When I got home, Dick told me to call Leslie. We have BIG news. Nora is engaged and will be married in about two weeks. Then she is planning to join the Air Force and take advantage of the benefits offered by the service. We wish her well. That is an awful lot to take on in only two short months. She had better grit her teeth and hang on for the ride of her life.

Mother is feeling better today. She is still weak as can be but has not felt nauseated since yesterday noon. She ate three light meals today, including a soft boiled egg and is doing her very best to drink 8 glasses of fluids. By trying hard, she will at least get more than she would have otherwise. She is going to lay low and stay home all this next week so she can get all healed.

Guess that is the day. Pretty full, wouldn't you say.

Love

Mary

No comments: