Thursday, December 07, 2006

I got my blood test done this morning. One has to fast for 10 hours you know so I did that last night. Then Dick and I went to breakfast and grocery shopping.

I called Mother and she still sounds SO weak. She gets a reaction to the antibiotic. This evening Donna called because Mother was almost out of it after taking the pill tonight after dinner. She and Randy were almost ready to take her to the emergency ward. They called the pharmacist who said that the reaction is not uncommon but that the medication is still one of the best. However, can we leave her alone for that hour or so after she takes the pill? Donna called Dolores and she and Kenny will come out to be with her in the morning. She will eat breakfast and take the pill at about 7:00AM. I had told Donna that I could be there if I am needed but I am really glad that Dolores can come because she works with the elderly and will know what do do with odd reactions. She has been doing it long enough. That poor little lady. I hope this does not continue for the whole time she has to take the medication. She is not scheduled to see Dr. Hancock until Tuesday afternoon. Jeff is coming in to take her for her appointment.

I am going to church tomorrow for the holy day in Sheboygan Falls so will spend the hour before Mass with Mother. That will be a good time as she will be taking another pill about that time. I really don't want to tell her that I am coming because she MAY decide to feel guilty for not going to Mass ON the holy day. We don't need that on top of everything else that she is going through.

I made Scripture Cake today. In case you don't have the recipe, here it is.

We should always let the scriptures be our guide. It even works when making Christmas goodies - at least it works when making this delicious cake. Rad the scriptures indicated to find the ingredients and make this interesting and informative cake for a special family home evening activity.

1 cup Judges 5:25
1 cup Jeremiah 6:20
5 Jeremiah 17:11
1 cup Judges 4:19
2 cups Numbers 28:5
5 teasp. Amos 4:5
1 teasp. Leviticus 2:13
2 cups 1 Samuel 30:12
2 cups Naham 3:12
1 cup Numbers 17:8
Assorted 2Chronicles 9:9 to taste

Follow Solomon's directions for making a good boy Proverbs 23:14. Bake as a fruit cake about 350 degrees for 45to 50 minutes. Makes two standard loaves or five small loaves.

Have fun. I always do.

Mary

P. S. Please pray for my Mom.

No comments: