Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I am exhausted. It was quite warm when I woke up this morning, in the low 30s. It still was not a great day for walking as there was a little film of something or other all over the roads. It was not especially slippery but it covered up ice patches. Then Chelsea wanted to go around the park but there were definite patches of ice on the sidewalk leading to the park. So I deferred. It is supposed to get very cold overnight again but warm up for the weekend.

I did some more decorating today. Got all the nativity sets placed around the house. I also hung a few things on doors. The only things left are the music boxes.

Mother called this afternoon and said that she was just unable to go to the play tonight. She sounded so weak. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she just felt weak and that that pain in her side that she suffered about three weeks ago was hurting again. I went right over there and we called the doctor. It turned out that Dr. Hancock had left for the day and the doctor on call, Dr. Willis, (he doesn't impress me. Hasn't for some time.) suggested that she wait for Dr. Hancock in the morning. When I told her that she looked so forlorn that I told her we should just go right away and I took her to the walk in clinic. Four hours later, with an exhausted little lady in tow, we left there with a diagnosis of a bladder infection (which has apparently been building since three weeks ago when the symptoms first appeared) after she received a shot of antibiotics and a prescription to take for the next several days.

As we were coming out of x-ray, Becky showed up. She had come to the clinic for her own appointment and when she talked to her mother, Donna, and found out that Grandma was there she looked for us. So she stayed, bless her sweet heart until we were all done and had Mom loaded into the car.

When we got Mother home it was almost 7:00. I fixed some cup a soup for both of us and some tea for her. Then I came home.

So now you know why I am tired. I found out that I should not wait so long to eat. My stomach started to bother me at about 6:30. Perhaps it would have been OK if I had not been so worried.
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Have a nice day.

Mary

No comments: