Friday, December 08, 2006

Last night I got a call about 9:30 from Donna that they had taken Mother to emergency because she started throwing up and became very faint and was not too coherent. So not much sleep until after one AM when I received a final call from Jeff that they had taken her home after she received some intravenous saline drips. She was dehydrated from all the nausea which was a reaction to the anti biotic that they had given her for the bladder infection. What a circle this turned out to be.

She feels much better tonight after a somewhat rocky day. She slept a lot and still had trouble eating. However, tonight she ate a cup of soup and had a cup of tea and seemed a bit stronger. Someone stayed with her all day, but she wants to spend her night alone she says. I will call her in the morning as I am sure everybody else will.

This morning Dick and I went to Hunters Glen to check it out and run water and flush toilets. Then we proceeded to Bobbie and Bill's to feed Roxie and Oscar as Bobbie and Bill spent last night in Milwaukee and went to see the Cudahy Carolers. Roxie reluctantly let me cuddle her. She really just wanted her food. Oscar did not run away, but was only interested in food. I don't think he loves me any more. I sure miss them.

Tonight I went to Mass for the holy day at Blessed Trinity and sang with the choir. We sang Mary Did You Know which is really lovely. Then Cindy Dorn had us all over to her house for hor d oerves, wine and song. It was fun. I do miss singing with the choir but will have to decide if I REALLY want to commit that time at St. John's. I feel I can only pick one time consuming ministry and don't know what it will be yet.

That's all for now. I am really tired.

Michelle called Dick to tell us that Jim had made it to DC safe and sound and that they were going out for dinner. We are watching their kitty, Boots. We went over for about a half an hour this evening so he had some company. I will spend some time tomorrow and Sunday too. He is a cute little guy.



Subject:
E-mail from God


One day God was looking down at Earth and saw
all of the rascally behavior that was going on. So
God called one of the angels and sent the angel to
Earth.

When she returned, she told God, "Yes, it is
bad on Earth; 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are
not."

God thought for a moment and said, "Maybe I
had better send down a second angel to get another
opinion."
So God called another angel and sent him to
earth for a time too. When the angel returned he
; went to God and said, "Yes, it's true The earth is
in decline; 95% are misbehaving, but 5% are being
good."

God was not pleased. So He decided to e-mail
the 5% who were being good, because he wanted to
encourage them...give them a little something to
help them keep going.

Do you know what the e-mail said?
Okay, just wondering; I didn't get one either.


Love

Mary

No comments: