Friday, October 27, 2006

Today was mild and clear. I had to do several errands so was able to be out and about and enjoy it.

Jim and Michelle got back from their honeymoon early this afternoon. Just before I left for lunch with the girls at Dairy Queen. I had a nice grilled cheese lunch there then did a bit of shopping. I found the Ivory Snow that Dick needs for his sox, a rod to put in the spiderweb hanging, the meal deal and some oreo cookies at Pick and Save.

Then I met Beth Dipple from Sheboygan County Historical Research at the Plymouth Historical Building which is still under construction in the building that used to house my friend David Roehre's Barber Shop. They say they will be ready for business by November 17 as that is when they are having their open house. Beth and I are hoping to sponser and run three 9or four at the most,0 "Irish" nights in Plymouth at the Historical Center. We want to start with a Christmas event in December. The Center people are quite agreeable to the idea. We have two weekends picked and I will contact a harper from Milwaukee to see if she is available either of them. Then we will start advertising and plan the event. We figure we can feature the Historical Center, have a harp concert and serve tea, coffee, hot cider and irish cookies and breads. I'll keep you posted, perhaps you would like to join us.

Tonight I shot pistol league and had my very worst score of the year on one of the targets. Then I went to Book Heads, the local book store, to meet Mary Bergin who has written Sidetracked in Wisconsin, a Guide for Thoughtful Travelers. She was quite pleasant and I bought a book and had it autographed. I had left five of my books with theowner of Book Heads and she has them nicely displayed as a Local Writer in the poetry section.

Gee. I am in a bookstore.

Love

Mary

No comments: