Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A day mostly at home. It was clear crisp and cold most of the day too. We got up at 6:30AM, Celsea and me. It was just beginning to get light. After this weekend, when the time changes, I will start taking her out for quick relief and then we will take a longer walk later in the day when there is sunshine. It only takes her a few days to catch on.

We went grocery shopping after a Mc Donald's breakfast and then stayed home the whole day. I watched Dancing with the Stars while doing some sewing. I finished the quilt top for my friend Donna to give to Helen and Kenny's grandson. I think I mentioned the beautiful cross stitch that she does. Now I just need to pick up a bit of batting and assemble it. I also did more work on the kitten/doggy quilt.

We had turkey patties with bread stuffing casserole for supper along with fresh apple crisp.

Tomorrow will be another rather quiet day. We want to do a bit of shopping for some odd little things we need for the house but the rest of the day is free at home again. I intend to sew some more and Dick and I are busy sorting out and culling old cleaning products. The boxes are ALMOST all emptied and the things put away.


BREATH by ME


The freshness of the dew

In a clearing in the midst of a forest

Highlights red locust and green willow

Still flush with the hues of their youth.


Moist, damp and sweet

Like the rain forest at dawn

Gentle rain and whispy filmy ferns

Breath in and out with pulsing languid life


Under the newly budded maple

Listen to life-renewing rain

Tenderly wash reaching branches

Then fall to nourish the earth below.



Love



Mary

No comments: