Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sorry for no Blog last night, but when I finally got time to post, at about 9:30PM the blogger site was down. I was also working with the slowest computer time in the world. However when Dick Jr figured out that the blog site was down, it was the perfect excuse to go to bed.

The wedding day was very very special. I invited Jim and Michelle to join, Dick, Dick, Brenda and myself for a special brunch, the Groom's Grub, as Jim referred to it. Then we gradually got dressed, and Jim and Michelle put out all the food that they could and had all the rest ready for the big event.

The ceremony was in Grafton in a lovely Veteran's Park under a roofed gazebo. By the time we got there it was rainy and rather cold, but under cover, the ceremony was lovely and very special. There were the Kunerts, myself and Dick, Bobbie and Bill, Dick and Brenda and Dick's Sister Hazel with Suzi. Then the Deeleys, Mom, Jeff, Kathy and Sara, Eileen, Donna and Becky. Bob Thomas and Gary came from the library, so we had a good group surrounding the happy couple. Judge Stengel came in his black robe and did a really nice ceremony for them.

George, Betsy, Shawn and Sara got there just a bit late but were part of it all and I was so glad to see them.

We didn't hang around the park too long as it was cold. The condo was all toasty and warm. Just the Kunerts had a chance to visit and snack a bit before the other guests arrived. The party was lively and warm and loving for Jim and Michelle. I think they were very happy. Dick Jr. said the toast for his brother and we all ate Michelle's delicious feast with gusto. After everyone left, Brenda, Bobbie and I helped clean up and put the food away. I have one layer of the cake in my freezer. It will stay there for a week, then Jim and Michelle are taking it to work to share.

It was a very special day.

Today was MUCH quieter. I went to the 8AM Mass in Falls and just zipped in to say HI to Mom. She was pleased to be a part of the event. When I got home, I fixed egg and cheese sandwiches for everybody before Jim and Michelle left for Florence WI on their honeymoon and Dick and Brenda left for home.

Bobbie and I worked at Rhine Plymouth today. We got to come home early because it was so slow. Probably because it was rather cold and windy and because there was a Packer Game on at noon. By the way, the Packer's WON. They actually beat Miami IN Miami. Wahoo!

I will post a picture of the happy couple.

Love

Mary

No comments: