Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What a day. Chelsea is still having bowel problems. We even had an emergency during the night. So, I called the vet at 8:00AM, as soon as they opened, and was able to get her in at 10:30AM. When we walked in the door, there was Terry, the waitress who has been serving us breakfast at Xana's for a couple of years now and her dog, Chester. She quit Xana's about two weeks ago. Kind of a sign, I guess, as Dick and I were trying to figure out how to break our breakfast habit. Now, since we have lost our favorite waitress, we won't feel so bad about finding a place in Plymouth.

She took my number so perhaps we will hear from her.

Back to Chelsea. Dr. Lubenbill said that she definately has a problem. There have been several dogs in the past few days with the exact same symptoms. She gave Chelsea a week's supply of special diet food, antibiotics and a medication to harden the stool. So far it hasn't done any good, but she just took her second pill about an hour ago. Dr. L. did say that the medication uaually acts pretty quickly. She is down a whole pound which tells us how much she is losing. I am supposed to call tomorrow whether or not she is better.

I got my hair cut and saw Dr. Casey today too.

Bobbie and Bill came over to enjoy a supper of chili with us. Jim and Dick did a great job on it and I baked some "bumbleberries" from Market Day for dessert. It is a kind of tart - pie dough baked around a mixture of apple and berries and very tasty. A nice evening.

Dick and I also bottled the Wild Grape wine. It doesn't taste too bad and when it is matured should be really good.

Tomorrow, the only outing is Dick's dentist appointment. I need to get out in the yard too.

I picked enough of my purple beans for a meal for Dick and myself tomorrow. How fun is that!

Love

Mary

No comments: