Saturday, July 22, 2006

Chelsea and I had a lovely walk this morning. We ran into our friend Roger with a "guest" dog called (I think) Rufus. Roger was Chelsea's Schnauser friend, Pepper's daddy. We also met some new walkers. That was nice.

It was cloudy and comfortable all day. We got a thunderstorm with rather heavy rain this afternoon. The thunder came in the strongest just as our poor Chelsea was getting ready to eat, but she finally managed to finish.

We had lasagna, salad and raspberries and ice cream for supper tonight. We went to Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions and when we passed the Menard's parking lot, I saw a "raspberries" sign, so we took advantage.

Packed the cassette tapes and all the Celtic CD's today. Also packed the sewing patterns and that type of thing. I am hoping that if I do a bit at a time, it won't be to daunting a job. It is really up to me as Dick can't do too much.

I trimmed the growth from under our trees. They were looking very shabby. As I was working, a really pretty airdale came out from the back yard to greet us. She was super friendly and I slipped Chelsea's leash on her because I didn't want her to get lost. She very politely led me through Terry's yard to Linda and Greg's in the cul de sac. That's where she belonged. I was not aware that they lost one of their Schnausers last year and replaced her with this dog, Lucy. She is named Lucy because of her red hair. Anyway, Greg had not been aware that she was gone and Linda came back pretty quickly, she had gone out on their bike to look for her. As I said, Lucy is beautiful and VERY well behaved. She is good about staying in the yard, not like their Schnauser, Otto, who they always leash when he is out.

So that was my excitement for the day.

Here is a little poem that was read at that poetry-fabric art.

The Origins of Hypotheses or Where Did You Get That Idea.



Butterfy wing, newt's tail
dragon tongue, unicorn horn
clarity of day and magic of the moon
thumping drum, dizzying swoon
From South Milwaukee to Tangier
from bird song, child's tear,
toenail clippings, from satin, from swish
from an empty yard, the mind of a witch
poets and artists complied
Threaded Metaphors:
Text and Textiles

By Phyllis Wax

Have a nice Sunday


Mary

No comments: