Sunday, June 04, 2006

It was gorgeous today. Bobbie and I worked out at Rhine this afternoon from 12 to 4. Not an unpleasant time. It was rather quiet, but there was a steady albiet slow stream of shooters all afternoon. I spent most of the time behind the bar with Jimmy Schirmer and Bobbie but around 3:00 I took a couple of groups out and scored their rounds. It was so nice sitting there in the sun. Nice and warm. The only problem with scoring is that you REALLY have to pay attention.

Sure was fun last night. I was rather proud of my going up and singing. I picked 1. Scotch and Soda, 2. Green Fields, 3. Waltz Across Texas and 4 There's a Tear in my Beer. I butchered the last, was adequate on the first two and think I did well on Waltz Across Texas. At least a few couples got up to dance while I was singing. We had sandwiches and onion rings for supper when we got there. We didn't have time to eat before we left the house because I went to the 5:00 Mass and Jim and Michelle were waiting in the car to leave when I pulled in at about 6:05PM. (They did let me go to the bathroom before we left.) Michelle sang several songs - among them Sugar Sugar and Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy. She does very well if I do say so - Her voice is good and she is obviously loving it. There were some very talented people singing but I decided not to let that bother me. I'll probably never see any of them again anyway. Michelle's friends Randy and Dianne do a very good job and sing requests and keep the show moving. They wanted to clone this audience.

I am going to bed early tonight. Hope you have a super week.

Love

Mary

No comments: