Saturday, June 10, 2006

It was chilly today. I don't believe the temperature got over 59 degrees. The sun was out which helped a bit but it was still much too cold. I did go out and trim one of the Yews and that darned tree/bush in front of the house. I only filled one trash bag. That is enough for one day anyway. If I can, I would like to do the two under the office window tomorrow. Otherwise, it will just have to wait until Wednesday when I have most of the day at home.

Dick and I did the second filtering of the 2year Currant wine. Now we can give it a couple of days and then bottle it. Tomrrow, we can do the second filtering of the Grape Banana. I am going to name it Becky's Going Bananas because I got the grapes from the back of Becky and Brian's place on Highway O.

We had spaghetti and salad for dinner tonight. I made it yesterday because it is always better the second day anyway. I had to go talk at church before Mass. I will have to talk before both Masses tomorrow also. BUT The choir is singing at the 8:00AM and I can leave right after I have my say at the beginning of the 10:30 so I will be home by 11:00. So we will have a nice brunch at about noon tomorrow. I made some Lavender Scones. They sure smell good. We will see if their taste comes up to the promise. I have sausage and bacon and eggs, so we should have a nice brunch.

Michelle and Jim volunteered at the MADD walk on the lakefront in Milwaukee this morning. They really enjoyed themselves though it was chilly. This was the first opportunity that Jim has had to do volunteer work in years. Working nights didn't give him much of an opportunity before.

It is not good form to pray that God let you win the race, but it can't hurt to pray for God to give you a little shove.

Love

Mary

No comments: