Monday, June 05, 2006

I went out and trimmed the New Guinnea Impatiens today. I found out Sunday that I will really have to watch them. They dry out very quickly and droop quite dramatically when they are dry. I watered them really good on Sunday and will hit them again tomorrow morning though they are predicting rain on Tuesday afternoon. I don't want to take a chance. I have to water them in the morning as the hot sun is on them in the afternoon and it is not a good time to be soaking therm.

Bible study this week was quiet though our discussions were lively. The readings were lovely talking about God's love for us and the fact that we have been adopted as children of God - a theme that runs through this year's cycle of readings. I especiall liked the first line of the Old Testament reading . It was speaking of the release of the Jewish people from their Egyptian exile. Deuteronomy 4:32. "Ask now of the days of old before your time, ever since God created man upon the earth; ask from one end of the sky to the other: Did anything so great every happen before? Was it ever heard of?" Isn't that impressive. It reminds me of the saying that goes somewhat like this. "Stop telling the storm how big your God is. Start telling the storm how big is your God."

Bobbie and I went to Rhine Plymouth for the regular meeting tonight. It went quite quickly as I was home before nine. Now I have the minutes to transcribe and will be done for a few weeks.

Tomorrow a haircut and doctor's appointment in the morning and then nothing in the evening. BOY am I ever glad of that.

Have a nice Tuesday. We had turkey burgers and creamed green beans for supper tonight. Num Num. I have some browned ground turkey that I thought I might make tostadas with for tomorrow's supper. Doesn't that sound good. Cooking for two gets really tricky. I like some leftovers but don't like to eat the same thing for too many days in a row.

Love

Mary

No comments: