Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dick and I hooked up the hoses in the front and back yard today. Good thing. I will have to be watering the plants on the pole in the front yard soon and often. They are beautiful (Gerber Daisies as I said) but they become quite delicate and droop very dramatically when they get dry. (It is almost tempting to let them dry just to watch them perk up when you water them.)

We also went grocery shopping this morning. I cleaned the bathrooms and worked on the banner a bit. I hope to get it assembled by Monday. Then I can layer the backing the sizing and the top for quilting.

I stopped at Mother's before the choir party. We had a good laugh. She has a book on herbs that gives little history and old uses for various herbs. She planted fennel this year and one of the uses for it was to ward off witches and evil spirits. People would put bunches of it over their doors and plug their keyholes with the stuff.

BUT the one that really got me was for lavendar. I skimmed it and saw a poultice for sciatica and read on because, of course, I thought it might be good for Dick. However, here is the recipe - what do you think.

Boil three puppies in oil, add 1 pound of earthworms, 1 cup lavendar, 1 cup rosemary and 2 cups of a couple of other herbs (I was in stitches by now) To this paste you add wild mustard and more oil ( I think). Who would EVER think of such a thing. I wonder if any idiot really tried it.

We had a nice end of season choir party with the Kindercore too. Beth got pizza and make your own sub and make your own sundae fixings. It was all very good and we had a bit of a practice after we were done. We are singing at the 8:00AM Mass for the graduates. I have to try to recruit a couple of more leaders for the Environment Committee at all the masses this weekend. It is my (as Dick says) last hurrah for that committee. I have one more page to complete for the book I prepared and two sets of pictures to put on the Disc.

Tomorrow I will have lunch with my friends in Plymouth.

Have a good one.

Mary

No comments: