Saturday, June 24, 2006

I don't believe that I put this on the Blog last week. My nephew, Jesse Johnston, the son of my ex husband's brother Keith, has cancer. He is 22 years old and has decided that he would refuse any more chemo therapy. His poor body is down to about 110 lbs. and he is close to or over 6 feet tall. They have been searching for a bone marrow donor. I found out about the search and put him immediatly on the prayer chain at Blessed Trinity. Jacquie, my ex sister in law, called today to let me know that they have found a donor, thank God. Now he has a chance. The match is a 9 of 10. He will be able to begin the treatments in about a month. Right now I have put out the word that we can thank God for the match and then in a couple of weeks, I will put him back on for success of the treatment.

It was a gorgeous day today, though we are having a few sprinkles this evening. Actually possible thunderstorms are possible but so far we are just getting a bit of moisture.

I got a little yard cleanup done and watered any plants that need planting.

As I was doing this tonight the phone rang. I had the most wonderful surprise. It was my niece from the previous marriage, Vikki. She is my brother in law Ron's youngest daughter. We had a nice conversation as she drove along heading for somewhere where her son Scott is going to be racing in a motorcycle competition. He works for Kawasaki. He has been with them for three years and has raced since he was four years old. We had the nicest talk. I must call her next week and we need to keep in touch. I am glad that they still consider me Aunt Mary. I can't believe that she is 46 and her daughter has made her a grandma - twice.

Michelle made dinner tonight. She made Mexican Lasagna, fresh green beans and a marvelous Oreo Salad. Everything was SO good and we were absolutely stuffed. Jim found himself a good little cook.

They went to Cedarburg for the Strawberry Festival and brought me back a new Celtic CD by a group called Bare Naked, who do amazing things with acoustics and strings.

I LOVE presents.

Worked on the quilt tonight - I should be able to finish another square tomorrow as I have to return it on Monday for the group to work on. We finished up with a game of Rummy. Michelle won tonight.

Love

Mary

No comments: