Monday, June 19, 2006

This was a definite Monday ALL DAY.

Bible study was quite stimulating. The readings were from Job, II Corinthians and Mark. We were so proud of ourselves because we figured out the correlation between the readings. In the first God is saying "Hey Job. I'm God. Can you put limits on the sea? Remember who I am." Corinthians reminds us that Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice and we can't come up with anything better so stop trying. The reading from Mark has Jesus calming the sea during the storm. We suddenly realized that, as terrified as the disciples were of the storm, it must have been pretty scary to have this guy called Jesus tell the storm "Peace, be still" and it was.

Tonight, I had to be at church at 5:30 to change the church decor to Green. It was actually pretty simple. We kept it that way. I took pictures right away. Now I can finish the Environment book, the disc and the picture album for Debbie and be done with it all.

I went right from that to St. Francis Chapel to help with the hand quilting of the Celtic quilt. When we finished this evening we checked out progress and discovered that we have about 20 of the 48 squares done so we are further along than we thougth. I brought it home this week to work a bit on it. I is beautiful. We even discussed what we want to do next year. When it is done, we will hang it in church along the St. Francis Chapel Grillwork. It has enough green and a cross or star or two so will fit just fine into the decor.

Tomorrow, I may put a picture on the blog for you of the quilt to this point. You can all buy chances you know. They are $1 each or 6 for $5.

I will also tell you a story with an accompanying picture tomorrow. I promise.

Tomorrow is a relatively quiet day and I discovered that I do not have to go out any more evenings this week.

"Still round the corner there may wait,
A new road, or a secret gate." J. R. R. Toklien

Mary

No comments: