Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Such a pleasant day. Chelsea and I got our walk in before the thunderstorms swept through the area. It seems that there are more people walking every day. Today the "team" which started out with just Terry and Mikki who live next door and accross the street respectively, added a fourth person. Pretty good. It is nice not to be out there alone.

The red-winged blackbird is still greeting us. I wrote a quatrain to him on Sunday while I was working at Rhine. I had forgotten it, along with my cup, so I picked it up this morning. Here it is.

He trills
Morning Friend
Red Winged Blackbird
Greets me each sunrise
Joy Song!

The storm stopped at about 8:30 so I was able to go out to Rhine and shoot two rounds for the Morning League. I got 15 on both of them. That seems to be where I have averaged out so I need to work my way up from there. Not too spectacular, I know, but I AM improving. Now I only have 50 more rounds to do and two weeks to do it in. That is nice if I don't want to shoot two next week, or if the weather turns bad as it has been doing.

This afternoon, Dick and I racked the Reisling and will be able to filter and bottle it next week. We will be racking the Luna Bianca probably tomorrow.

Tonight I worked on the church quilt. So it has been a busy one.

I was remembering two little stories of the faith of little children that I will share with you.

Years ago, Grandma Deeley made Care Bears for a couple of her grandchildren but not all. One day, shortly before my nephew Shane's birthday, Kathy, his mother, informed Grandma that Shane had told her that it was not necessary for Kathy to buy him a Care Bear because "Grandma is making me one." They got a great laugh from that and, Of course, Grandma made a Care Bear for Shane.

Something similar happened to me when my nephew Todd Hiner was a little guy. He informed his mother, Jacquie, that she did not have to buy him his baseball cleats because Aunt Mary was getting them. Whew, was I ever glad to find out. It would have been terribly embarrassing to show up for his birthday without them.

Dick and I went to the store and saw a sign for Condos off of Superior accross from Pine Hills. We drove through. The units looked nice, but we saw that there are no condo fees so we know that these will not do. We have no desire to be responsible for shoveling or mowing etc. We are planning on going back to condo living, now that Jim and Michelle will be together. They may join us in an adjoining unit if we can find the right arrangement. Without Jim, this house is too big and too much for Dick and me to handle.

Tomorrow we shop, then I can stay home ALL day. YIPPEE!!

Mary

No comments: