Saturday, May 13, 2006

We just returned from a marvelous final Sheboygan Symphony performance. It was a celebration of Broadway from way back when to the present. Boy, do we have talent in Sheboygan. We had two excellent guest vocalists but many solos were handled by members of the Sheboygan Symphony Chorus. The guest conductor, Richard Hynson, was charming and Very good. He was not one that applied for the position of our conductor but I was glad that I saw him work. He even sang a bit for us at the beginning of the performance.

I have never seen Les Miserables in its entirety, the movie does not hold my interest, but they finished with three songs from that musical and I was as the kids say "totally impressed." Live is the only way to see some things.

I made pepper jelly today. We were all out. This batch may be a bit hotter because I used jalapenos instead of Pete's peppers.

I also make a batch of mexican beans that I found on the Good Morning America site. Pinto beans, ham, bacon, chorizo, tomatoes, onion, tomatillos and spices. It really tasted good, unmatured even. I like a nice batch of something to intersperse during the week. I maked my days more free to do other things.

Our sleep last night in our new bed seemed a bit broken but Dick and I both agreed that we were very comfortable so I am sure that it was just the newness.

Rained lightly today. But when I got up it was dry and Chelsea got her first walk in two days. She was a happy girl. The dampness didn't bother her a bit. She dragged me right by the house for the last stretch. This wet weather is now being predicted through Wednesday. I WANT SUN!

Love

Mary

No comments: