Thursday, May 11, 2006

Let the rain come down. My roof's got a hole in us and I might drown. Oh Yes! My roof's got a hole in it - I might drown.

Remember the song? Since I decided to get Chelsea trimmed (seemed like the cold weather was over) we are having five days more or less of temperatures in the low 40s to high 60s. The cool air doesn't seem to be bothering her much, but she looks a bit bewildered. She is definately aging. Tonight when I got home from choir she was sound asleep under my desk and didn't hear me until I called her name.

I went to a funeral today. A dear little man, Bill Berg, a member of Blessed Trinity and a wonderful musician (he has been the only tenor in the choir for over a year) died this past Monday. He was 89, a year younger than Mother. I stopped and walked Mother over and then took her to the Villager for the meal. I feel that if one knows the family, the meal after the funeral should be attended because it is a tribute to the deceased and a chance for the family to share, care and be cared for before facing the home and the next steps in clearing everything up. A celebration of what that person was and is in the hearts of us left here.

Enough. Tomorrow I am going to give blood for the first time. A friend of mine sponsors a drive every year in memory of her son and I thought there is no reason not to. I guess, I am somewhat of a prize because I have B+ which is a bit rare.

Then I will go to Plymouth to have lunch and do several errands. Hope you stay dry and warm.

Michelle will be here for supper tomorrow night. Then they are going to Flint, Michigan on Saturday so Jim can meet her sister. Sounds fair, she has met most of Jim's family.

Have a great day

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey....I am also B+. That's my bloodtype to. What a coincidence?
And how cute is that Chelsea??
Thanks and see you soon!
Michelle