Friday, May 12, 2006

Today was another adventure of a day. I gave blood for the very first time. My friend, Peggy Feider and her husband Bob, sponsor a blood drive every year in honor of their son Joe. It is called "A Gallon or so for Joe". I really never thought much about it before. Peggy had mentioned it last year but I believe we were out of time on the day of the special drive. Anyway, I went over there at about 11:00AM. They took my history and an initial test. I found out that my count is 43 which I was informed was very good. Acceptable is 38 to 50 and women are usually lower than men. Then they took me to the room to hook me up. It was really quite simple. I felt no weakness or anything. I took their advice an got up a bit at a time and walked slowly to the waiting room where I had a piece of great poppyseed cake and a can of orange juice. Then, Peggy and Bob had arranged for a massage therapist to "do" necks and backs. It was great.

I also got a t-shirt because I was a first timer. AND my blood type is B+ which is apparantly one of the rarer types and quite in demand.

Had a grilled cheese and french fries when I had lunch with the ladies in Plymouth. It was the first time I had seen them in three weeks so we had a lot of catching up to do. I also went to the Sewing Basket and got the rest of the fabric that I need to complete the Celtic "Hand of God" that I am making for Celtic Faire. I am really jazzed with the color choices. Now I can get going on the next section.

Tomorrow, I get to stay home ALL day until 6 or so when Dick and I will be going to the Sheboygan Symphony. This is the season finale and will be a Broadway Extravaganza. We always enjoy them and this one will be very light and easy to listen too.

Now I am tired and must go to bed, our NEW bed. We had ordered a new air bed. The old one had sprung a leak. It took weeks. I think they lost our order (after confirmation which is REALLY odd.) But it arrived a week after Dick called and they scrambled to correct the error.

Mentioned it to Jim and Michelle and suddenly Michelle had everyone spinning around and the old one was out of the bedroom and the new one in. Sure glad they were hear because, Dick and I could not have done it. Well, we probably COULD have but it would not have been a pretty sight and would have been a morning to nignt job with lots of frustration and tears. The new bed is SO comfortable.

Have a lovely weekend.

Mary

No comments: