Sunday, May 07, 2006

Today was DOUBLE gorgeous. It was in the high 60s, blue skies and still air. Chelsea and I had our first walk together in four days. The past three days I had MY exercise out hunting but poor Chelsea was on her own as I am the only one who does more that just let her out the back door and telling her to "Run Chelsea, Run."

We had a nice breakfast, Dick and I, Dick and Brenda and Jim and Michelle. I had put an overnight egg casserole together. Michelle asked that I put the recipe on the blog. So I will but it is a meld of two recipes that I found on the web and a hint from a realtor in California who used to serve when we would have realtor open houses. So here it is.

Spray a 9 X 13 or somewhat equivilant baking pan with cooking spray.

Cut the crusts off of enough pieces of half and half rye or marble rye bread to layer the bottom of the baking pan. This makes a psuedo crust.

Suggested additions: Layer over bread. Pice two or three AND the cheese.

3 green onions diced
3/4 lb cheese (your choice - I used fresh parmesean, and colby/mozzerlla)
Sliced mushrooms (sauteed and cooled)
Veggie crumbles
Bacon - fried and crumbled
Sausage - Fried and crumbled
Ham - Diced
Peppers (red, yellow and/or green) diced
Spinach - fresh or frozen (thawed and dried out)

Whisk together.
6 to 8 eggs
1/2 cup milk for each 2 eggs.
1 teas sea salt
1/2 teas pepper

Pour over all and sprinkle a bit more cheese over the top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or perhaps a bit more if needed.

It was served with some breads - toast, lavendar bread and chocolate zuchini. Such a pleasant visit we had.

I had to leave at 10:00AM to get to Mass to sing at the First Communion Mass. It was so nice to see all the beautiful children. I told one of the Dad's that I know a bit that since he had his daughter all coiffed and dressed in that beatiful white gown that he ought to see if he could arrange for her to get married before she out grew the dress. He laughed and said that he thought that there was probably as much fuss.

Anyway, they were beautiful. Thank God for Kids.

Hope your week is WONDERFUL.

Love

Mary

No comments: