Sunday, May 14, 2006

Another gloomy day and it is supposed to continue until Wednesday - at least. It was Mother's Day. Fr. Gene gave all the mothers in church a special blessing this morning at Mass. I got lovely and/or fun cards from the boys and Leslie and Bobbie. Bobbie brought us rhubarb pie for dessert. Yum Yum. Her rhubarb is ready ALREADY. Mine is coming along but has a way to go.

Bret called this afternoon and we had a nice talk. I miss my boys being so far away from them. He was at the mobile home he owns at "the river" (the Colorado if you are not familiar with the area - that is what was always referred to as "the river".)

I went out to Rhine and finished shooting my pistol league. AGAIN - the first one was not good, the second better and the third was nothing to be ashamed of.

Aside from that it was a quiet day. Michelle was here to join Dick and me for our Sunday brunch. I went to the 8AM mass so we ate at about 11:00AM. Dick and I do enjoy our sunday brunches. Today we had fried potatoes, bacon and scrambled eggs with feta cheese scrambled in. I tried the pepper jelly. It is a bit hotter than the last batch but VERY good.

A quote:

"God, give me the grace to be open to the surpising ways you can change heart - even mine." Amy Welborn

A new week is upon us. Much quieter than last week, thank heavens.

Mary

No comments: