Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It was raining this morning and I didn't have much hope for the day. We took the Santa Fe over to Hyundai for servicing and spent TWO hours there. We had the systems flushed but never dreamed it would take that long. We got there at 7:00AM and by 9:00 we were starved. We went over to Mc Donalds and had breakfast. Boy, did that taste good.

By the time we got home, the rain had stopped so I went out and trimmed bushes. I have a whole pile of branches that I have to cut up and put in bags. I am sure that Jim will be "thrilled". Another bunch of stuff for the dumpster. But it all has to be done. I also dug up some of the oregano that is invading my lavender plants and planted marigold seeds. WOW. It was good to be able to be OUT. I only brought Chelsea out for a little while because with her short hair and wet grass, I didn't think it was wise to have her out too long.

Dick and I also filtered the Gewertziminer and will bottle it tomorrow. I don't have to go ANYWHERE at all tomorrow. What a treat.

Mother and I were talking Sunday about age. She mentioned that I have a birthday coming up and I said that I can't believe that I will be 66. Where did all those years go? She said that she wonders where her last 90 went. Then I said that I could not believe that I have a son who will be 39 in September. It was just yesterday that he fit in my arms with his head snuggled into my shoulder. So SHE said, she is trying to figure out how HER baby got to be 66.

Let's hope for sun tomorrow so that I can get those branches in bags.

Love

Mary

No comments: