Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The sun shone this morning until about 11:00AM then the rain started and it kept it up off and on all afternoon. Late this afternoon we had some good old thunderstorms. Chelsea seems to be handling them better these days. She gets nervous but does not completely panic.

I did get the branches from the bushes out front into trash bags. Would you believe that there were 5 bags full.

Dick and I bottled the Gewertziminer today. There are 25 bottles in a carboy. Good thing, the stock was dwindling and we do like to have wine to share. Some of the wines I make from scratch should be getting ready to drink AND some of them from this year are getting close to bottling.

Jim went to Michelle's this evening so Dick and I were alone for dinner. I fixed chicken, stuffing and gravy. Mom had given me some fresh asparagus that Jeff picked near his home. Boy it was good.

I did a little more work today on my Hand of God Banner for the Celtic Mass. I need to draw the symbols for the Four Evangelists for the center of the banner. I have decided to use the Zodiac Symbols which are clean and simple and should transpose quite well.




ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.


Love

Mary

No comments: