Saturday, April 08, 2006

Worked all morning at church. We had to cut the ends off the palms because they had been left in their boxes - in the sealed plastic - for several days AND got moldy. What a mess, there are hundreds of the darn things. We did our embellishments to jazz things up for the Palm Sunday Celebration tonight and tomorrow.

Then we checked out the altar cloths and hangings that we will need for Holy Thursday and Easter.

Tonight I went to Mass at 5:00 because the choir had to practice for Easter Week AFTER mass. Didn't get home until about 7:15 so we had a very late supper and I am very tired. But Now I do not have to get up early tomorrow. I guess that Jim and I will shoot tomorrow and in the evening, Dick and I will go to see Hal Holbrook as Mark Twain at the Kohler Theatre. I am really looking forward to that, Hal is one of my favorites.

I sent for the Rosalyn Russell version of My Sister Eileen. Dick and I remember it very fondly from our youth. It is very amusing but it is also amazing how humor has changed and we are not finding it as hysterically funny as we remembered it from back then. It kind of reminds me of Dad. He used to rave about the OLD westerns. Lash Larue etc etc. So finally we got him a tape or something of an old movie and he grudgingly ended up admitting that he was really disappointed. It was not at all what he remembered.

Have a good Sunday. I hope this wasn't too rambling. Jennifer Garner said. "I know enough to know that when you're in a pickle...Call Mom." I still remember laying in the hospital in labor with my first baby and wishing that my Mom was there.

Later

Mary

No comments: