Friday, April 07, 2006

It snowed today. The forecast was possible flurries, but it was really heavy for almost two hours. I was driving from Sheboygan Falls to Plymouth when it was at its peak and I was kind of wondering what the heck I was doing out there. Fortunatly, it stopped BEFORE I was leaving Dairy Queen and the drive home was safe and sound. So - on the way home I stopped and got two dozen eggs from the egg farm. (Now I just have to dye some white eggs with tumeric as I will have on green and several shades of brown dyed by nature for the baskets. Yes! the Easter Bunny DOES come to our house.) I also stopped at Woodlake and cashed in a couple of coupons. Woodlake will often have items before the major chain groceries.

Tonight we went to Bill's retirement party that was put on by the Friends. (There were nine other retirees honored but of course the most important one was BILL.) We ran into Pete, Jim's old supervisor. I asked him if he had tried the pepper jelly that I gave him (I knew he hadn't) He is afraid of it, I think. I tried to convince him that it is really good. It is you know. We are all out and I have to make another batch. If he tastes it he may ask for more (Ha Ha)

This morning I met with Beth Dipple at the Research Center. She is the Director of the organization. She is also my brother in law Ken's cousin. AND Pat O'Reilly, who sings with Blarney, (a favorite Irish Band) whenever they come to Sheboygan County is Ken and Beth's Uncle. He is the one who had a heart attack in the middle of his song about 6 years ago and was saved because:

1. There were two emergency room nurses in the audience
2. One of the band member is an EMT.
3. They were on him before he hit the floor.

When they got him stabalized and were reeling him out on the gurney he was struggling to get up. He kept telling the EMTS that he had to finish his song. The next year he was back and DID finish his song. He is still singing for us too.

Anyway, I took a biography and a copy of my brother's book to her. Now he will be remembered forever.

We are going to work together to try to bring Irish events to Sheboygan County three or four times a year. We hope to start sometime this summer.

I was thinkin today of all I learned in Al Anon and AA. I don't know why. But I do remember going to my first meeting and crying during the whole thing. A dear little man wearing a hand made tie slide with Jesus Loves You printed on it kept patting me on the arm and saying. "You are in the right place."

And a lady, who I knew had a rougher road than I, would say. "I can fix my day at the beginning of it. I can change "Good God Morning" to Good Morning God."
Have a Good Morning God kind of day!

No comments: