Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Elantra is all fixed. While Dick took Jim to work this morning, I dropped it off at the body shop. Then Dick picked me up and we went for breakfast and grocery shopping. We had to pick Jim up when the car was ready as well. Then in the early afternoon, we got a prescription for Dick from Walgreens, so I felt like we were traveling most of the day.

I also transplanted the pitiful plant that the cats have been chewing on into three smaller pots today and cut off the top of the big corn plant which was hitting the ceiling. I stuck the top piece in the same pot next to the original. Now the trick will be to keep the cats from killing it. They are extremely persistant. I may look for some repellant tomorrow.

The weather was beautiful, sunny and in the mid 50s all day.

Tomorrow night we will go the the Friends of Mead Public Library, retirement party for the eight long term employees who took early retirement. This time we have it right. As you remember, a couple of weeks ago, Dick and I were all ready. Good thing Jim figured it out and told us we had the wrong date.

I am taking my brother Matt's book of poems and mini biography to the Sheb. County Historical Research Center to donate. Beth and I have a couple of other things to discuss also.

The Cadfael Book of Days for yesterday was very special. I may bring it to Bible Study on Monday. "Death falls upon children who never did harm to any, upon old men, who in their lives have done good to many, and yet are brutally and senselessly slain. Never let it shake your faith that there is a balance hereafter. What you see is only a broken piece from a perfect whole."

Isn't that special?

Have fun tomorrow. The second last Friday in Lent.

Mary

No comments: