Sunday, April 02, 2006

It has been raining off and on all afternoon. Now it seems a bit foggy. We need the rain. The little bit that we had last week made the tulips and day lilies really shoot up.

Jim and I went to practice pistol shooting again today. I am holding. The exercising is really helping. Would you believe that I got a 72 today!!!! And my average for the day was only four below Jim's. I am EXCITED. When we came back upstairs, we found Uncle Ken, my brother-in-law, sitting on a stool so we visited a bit with him.

I wrote a biography of my brother Matthew to take along with his poetry book to the Sheboygan County Historical Research Center when I meet with Beth Dippel on Wednesday morning. I had Dick read it and he says it is OK. I reviewed the things that I wanted to say with Mother. I believe that I will embellish it with my personal memories and things that, maybe, don't belong in the Research Center. If I change my mind, I can always replace it.

Here is one of his poems.

THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE
by
Matt Deeley

there are many people i'd like to know
too many for my short years
many ways i'd like to grow
many many things i'd like to hear

a few more hearts i'd like to touch
some words i might believe
you know i just can't see too much
before i take my leave
a few more friends i'd like to make
a little love i'd like to take

before i'm tired and have to rest
i'd like to try my very best
to see everything there is to see
before weariness falls on me

a few more years i'd like to live
a little trust i'd like to give
and maybe i can help someone
to know himself and understand
that day is never really done
the sun shines always on the land.

there are many things i'd like to see
before my eyes can look no more
many different places i'd like to be
before i'm too old to open doors.


Tomorrow is a busy day. Bible Study AND Rhine Plymouth Meeting.

It will probably rain and maybe a few flurries. That doesn't seem quite fair but after all it is only April. May the sun shine on you.

Mary

No comments: